1. You speak to each other in an intricately crafted dialect of gibberish that nobody else understand
2. You feel entirely comfortable climbing into their bed at 4 a.m. Uninvited.
3. They are privy to your secret prejudices. They still love you, somehow.
4. They “like” your Facebook updates, Instagrams, and tweets as soon as they go up.
Which makes sense, because you get their approval before posting in the first place.
5. You indulge in all of your guilty pleasures together, and have a mutual agreement to keep your uncoolness secret.
6. You’ve started mentally collecting anecdotes for your Maid of Honor/Best Man speech.
7. You literally always owe each other money but trust that you’ll balance out over the years.
And, if not, there’s always Venom.
8. You reserve your most colorful and most vulgar insults for one another.
11. You can sense each other’s emotional state over text message, based on punctuation and Emoji usage.
12. You’re Facebook friends with each other’s parents, siblings, and significant others.
13. You’ve traveled with each other for an extended period of time without ending up wanting to kill each other.
14. You hate all the same people, no questions asked.
15. You can discuss the following things freely: money, sex, religion, family.
17. Your Snapchats to each other prove that the human face is capable of some remarkably unflattering contortions.